Sunday, January 24, 2016

Thank You.


It is with great sadness I write this blog post.
On the 13th of November in Paris life changed irrevocably.
I am healthy and alive, unlike 89 other beautiful people who enjoyed what was a fun night at the Bataclan.
Terror stole their futures. 
130 lives lost in total.

David's love and bravery saved my life. 
He shielded and protected me from certain death.
I didn't understand the meaning of heartbreak until I witnessed such brutality. 
With every shot, I lost something inside me. 
The world looks very different to me now, but I am lucky enough to have my life, the ability and determination to rebuild myself. 
We feel what must be only a fraction of the heartbreak the families who lost their loved ones that night feel.
That feeling can sometimes feel unbearable. 
Our thoughts remain with them. 
We will never forget.

My sincere thanks to everyone who made the effort to contact us (by any means).
We have been shown light during the darkest time of our lives. 
Calls, texts, flowers, letters, gifts, prayers, poems… The generosity of strangers, the love of our families and the kindness show to us, I can not find the words to express my thanks.

Our heartfelt thanks, love and appreciation to our friends in Paris, without whom, I'm not so sure we would be here today. 
My beautiful girls- I love you so much. 
Our sweet and caring boys and our dear Doctor, you and your wife began to rebuild our hope the second we met you.

David grows a little stronger every day. He is an incredible man and I am honoured to know him.
It will be a long road to recovery for him, but I do not doubt his determination for one second.

Please, if you have not already, watch this BBC News Night Documentary David and I took part in.

I find it hard to explain what it was like, people ask and I sometimes draw a blank.


We have so many people to thank, I will find a way to do so. 
In time, a luxury I have been afforded.


Katie.

No comments: