Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Honey, I’m leaving you for NYC

If you are one of the following listen up!
A make up lover/ broke student with aspirations of glamour/ someone saving their pennies
I have good news for you, you deserve a little guilt free treat.
Never again need you forgo splurging on luscious lippy, reading this should be one heck of a treat if you are on the hunt for a decent lipstick.


To prove my point, in the Picture below I am wearing MAC ‘Show Orchid’ on the right  and NYC 402 Blue Rose on the left...
Mac retails at 17.50 while NYC retails at TWO EURO FORTY FLIPPIN NINE CENT!
Can you 'actually' believe it?
The pigmentation, coverage and all round brilliance for 2.49?!
Shocking.
I am a lipstick snob.
Pernickety doesn’t begin to describe me, yet here I am writing to you IMPLORING you to give NYC a go!
My absolute Favourite red from their impressive collection has to be 441 Traffic Jam.
It is a show stopper, glossy AND moisturising.

It stays put and it is SERIOUSLY similar to an eye wateringly expensive lippy I wear that if you sip your tea it is gonzo...
*coughcoughTomFordcoughcough*
You really can’t go wrong .

For days when you want less of a statement lip, you should try the divinely scented Appleicious Lip Balm also 2.49, There are heaps to chose from.
They give you a little pop of colour and make your lips feel lovely.

Their Mascara is another winner for me.
I particularly love the wand, It reminds me of a big bumble bee covered in really good mascara...except it doesn’t sting you and it gives you nice eyelashes.


Big Bold Curl Mascara retails at 3.49 and I am so impressed with it.
 I have stubs for lashes and this stuff actually give mine a little definition and indeed curl.
Not half bad! Am I right?


Next time you are in Penneys and see a NYC stand, don’t dismiss it give it a go!




*The items featured were sent to me to try by New York Color PR
Thank you so much guys!*

19 comments:

Hel said...

How long have I been at you to embrace baraginacious baby, as sibling and I refer to it as :) their eye colour palettes are amazing too!

Jacinta Geraghty said...

I love NYC and ever since my local chemist started stocking it a few months ago my collection has grown big time! Great post Katie!

Unknown said...

Oh you know me, I've always dabbled in both x

Unknown said...

Thanks Hun, it's just brilliant isn't it? So glad you're enjoying NYC too :)

Unknown said...

oh I need to give the lipsticks a go, love the red!

Unknown said...

love NYC! Also goes to show how good it is because when you said "in the Picture below I am wearing MAC ‘Show Orchid’ on the right and NYC 402 Blue Rose on the left..." I was looking for a second picture because I didn't realize it wasn't the same lipstick!!

Charlotte Preston said...

What a brilliant post!!
I SO have to try NYC now!
You always look so glamorous in your photos.
A real inspiration, thanks Katie!

Unknown said...

Love these lippies, am gonna pop in and def pick up that red, its fab!

Unknown said...

I've never tried NYC...but I will now, cheers for that.

Breige said...

I love the look of the apple balms, they look lovely

Unknown said...

It really is brilliant!

Unknown said...

I mean it's a fraction of the price and just as good! It's really impressive! So glad to know quality doesn't always cost big bucks!

Unknown said...

How sweet! Thank you, glad you liked my post x

Unknown said...

I can't get over the price! Just superb quality :)

Unknown said...

Great news! Delighted to hear

Unknown said...

And they smell divine! Hope you like x

Mairead said...

Have tried and loved NYC mascara in the past but will definitely be trying their lip products now! By the way your makeup in this post is just flawless! Wow!

Unknown said...

The mascara is seriously good, my stubby lashes love it!
However my lipstick... In the love!!!
AMAZING :) x

S said...

Your application is flawless, this is by far one of the best "budget lipstick" posts I've seen, I don't know how anyone couldn't want them after seeing them on you! Gorgeous.