Sunday, February 17, 2013

Eyebrow S.O.S

People always ask me about my eyebrows, there is no real secret or magical difference to my technique.
I am not an advocate of plucking; I implore everyone to step away from the tweezers.

I use Urban Decay brow box in Brown Sugar with a Real Techniques angle brush.
No brow Gel, No Plucking, No fuss.
F.Y.I
People who trim their brows are IN.FLIPPIN.SANE.
PLEASE DO NOT DO IT!
OKAY, Lets start!

Dip your brush in to the powder most suitable to your hair ONCE per eye.
Do not be tempted to redip throughout.

I define my brow by drawing a line along the bottom of my brow to make the arch pop.
 I do not start from the very ‘beginning’ of my brow, doing so will lessen the harsh look of filled in brows

Continuing the line,  fill in the end of your eyebrow in one light sweep.
The thickness of the real techniques brush is PERFECT for eyebrows, you do not want a very skinny line at the end of your eyebrow.

Once you are happy with the shape, simply fill in the rest of your brow using the remainder of the product on the brush, again resisting re-dipping and filling in the beginning of the brow.

GENTLY BLEND the brows at the front using as little product as possible to graduate the brown in.
DONE!

I do not set my eyebrows with the wax provided in the kit; personally I feel it looks too harsh and fake.
I usually sprits my face with thermal water to set my make-up and give me a Dewey glow.

I really hope this eyebrow tutorial has been of some use, like I said it’s not revolutionary tips but its how I insure my brows are defined without looking TOO crazy.



14 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely post. Thanks for sharing! must have a look at that brow box!

Caz said...

Great post! Will have to invest in that UD brow box, it's very natural looking. I find pencils very harsh. x

Lurganista said...

Great little post, you look 12 without your make-up :) x

Vilte said...

Found your blog through the #bbloggers trend! You have such great skin

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the lovely comment x

Unknown said...

I hope I still look young when I'm in my later years sans make up! Haha x

Unknown said...

Thanks hun, it's a really good brow set, benefits brow zings is also great

Unknown said...

Thank you doll. It's the perfect brow kit for me.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Brows! x

On The Dressing Table said...

This is great, your pics are fab, which lense do you use? Your brows are perfect! :)
Anna x

onthedressingtable.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

Oh my god, this is going to completely change my eyebrow routine, I'm so excited to try the tips!!

rebelrose said...

Your skin is flawless and such a lovely colour xx

Unknown said...

I definitely have brow envy - yours look fab Katie xo

Mairead said...

Your eyebrows are amazing! Great post! And oh my god, am glad not to be alone with the brow trimming?! I just don't understand it at all! Will defo be keeping an eye out for the real techniques brush! Looks perfect for brows!