Monday, January 14, 2013

Love your skin.


People always ask me how I get my skin to stay so clear.
Like most women’s, my skin is a tempestuous little dear who can,at times, rebel against me in the most unforgiving of ways.
I also get asked about my colouring.
Well that is down to genetics and the liberal application of sun screen all year through. 
But I do have a few pointers and products that should help your skin look and feel great.

Drink water.
Our bodies NEED water.
 I drink water like it is nobody’s business.
I just love it; I can safely say it is my favourite drink.
Don’t be petulant and say ‘water is boring’
If you stand any chance of keeping your skin (and body) in good nick, you MUST flush out the toxins you put in.
Drink plenty of water, it is that simple.

I won’t lie, I am not exactly a saint when it comes to the whole ‘cleanse, tone, moisturise’ routine.
I do my best!
In the mornings I wash my face with a nice face wash
 I favour the fab SebaMed.
It is soap free and made with 100% natural ingredients.
My skin always feels extremely clean but never feels dried out as it is made specifically for those with sensitive skin.
I pat my skin dry with an pristine face towel.
Do not put ANYTHING DIRTY near your face. Try to keep your hands OFF your face too.

Using a cotton pad, I rub on some Dr.Hauschka clarifying toner.
I love this brand, much like SebaMed it is made with 100% natural ingredients,  perfect for my skin.
This particular toner really helps diminish blemishes and smells divine.
Once my toner sink in then add a tiny dot of the amazing Dr.Hauschka Rose Day Cream Light.
As the name suggests this product is light weight, but it really moisturises and combats dry, sensitive skin.
It is also brilliant for calming red irritated skin.

I favour the use of EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN make up brushes to apply my foundation.
Once I have applied my foundation
(MAC Face and body in a custom blend)
I spray my face with Avène Thermal Spring water.
Not only does this sooth and freshen your skin, it helps keep skin hydrated.
On a more aesthetic level,  it really helps create a divine Dewey glow.
Avène have a great range available from most Boots stores.


Vichy Normaderm 3 in 1, a product a URGE you to try
A cleanser, exfoliater and mask all in one.
I received this product to try during the summer and instantly fell in love.
My skin was feeling a little dry and irritated so I decided to use it as a mask.
I dampened my skin then massaged a small amount on to my face;
 I then let it dry and waited 5 minutes.
After rinsing my skin with water, the results were visible; my skin appeared soothed, smooth and mattafied.
 It did all this without stripping away any moisture and also smells quite lovely.
I use this product once a week without fail. Absolute WONDER product.
Vichy is available from selected pharmacies nationwide.


Roger and Gallet Huile Sublime Bois D’Orange is the product of choice for my arms, décolletage and even my hair when damp.
Not only does it nourish tone and scent my skin it also does the same for your hair.
The almond oil softens the skin; argan oil nourishes your hair. It is enriched with Vitamin E and Orange essential oil as well as Macadamia, Camellia, Sesame seed and evening primrose .
It leaves a satin sheen to your skin while smelling and feeling totally luxurious.
On my legs to add a little glamour I use Roger and Gallet Crème Sublime Or Bois D’Orange.
The same ingredients as the oil (Argon, Macadamia, Camellia, Sesame seed, almond, evening primrose) but in a non sticky, moisturising crème.
The golden shimmer through it adds a touch of elegance and a beautiful sheen to my legs that looks stunning in summer and warm during the winter.

I keep my lips in good nick by using either Creme De La Mere ‘the lip balm’
 Yes this product is utterly indulgent, luxurious and brilliant but if you want to feel pampered, use it.
However, a product just as good and more reasonably priced Aqualia Thermal  soothing & repairing balm by Vichy.
I love and use both.

Some more skin products I love are from a wonderful company called Bia Beauty.
All products are Natural and hand made In County Cork, Ireland.
Bia Beauty’s Orange and Grapefruit Facial Exfoliant & Cleanser is hands down my favourite product.
It is not too abrasive and is packed full of jojopba grains that gently and effectively remove dead skin cells, this buffs your skin and improves the appearance and brightness of your skin.
The scent is divine, not too over powering due to the nature of the product.
After Exfoliating, I use a small amount of the ‘Mellow Mandarin’ moisturiser to compliment the previous treatment.
This moisturiser is extremely gentle and nourishing, perfect for all skin types.
On every occasion I have used these products over the last month, I have been complimented on my skin. Can’t be coincidence now can it?!

I hope this post has been of some help!
X
KH



12 comments:

Super Style Sabby said...

Fantastic blog. I'm definitely going to try out some of the products you've mentioned.

Unknown said...

I'm liking the sound of the dr. Haushska toner the bia beauty stuff is all lovely too

Nurse Fancy Pants said...

I'm having serious eyebrow envy here!!

Unknown said...

Katie you have such a beautiful skin, im in awe x

Unknown said...

I'm a big fan of Avene. My skin is very very VERY sensitive and prone to psoriasis, breakouts of pimples and the odd bit of eczema so finding a moisturiser that is hydrating but not oily and also ok for sensitive skin is a nightmare. I use the Avene hydrance optimale which is an oil free moisturiser for sensitive skin. Boom! I also love the roger & gallet lHuile whatever it's called orange bobois which I think is a little bit of heaven in a bottle. I find it can sometimes be too much on my sensitive skin so I use it as a bit of a 'luxurious treat' rather than a daily body moisturiser. For daily body moisturising I've been using the Yes To Carrots but normally use La Roche Posay. Very interested in giving the Vichy Normaderm 3in1 a go after reading your post. Great post. And beautiful skin!!! M xxx

Unknown said...

Great post. I'm a big fan of Avene too. I use their Hydrance Optimale which is the best oil-free moisturiser for sensitive skin that I've come across to date. My own skin is very very VERY sensitive and after a few days of using a facial moisturiser (even the ones that say they're suitable for sensitive skin) I usually break out in eczema. I'm prone to oily breakouts too and also psoriasis so to say that my skin is a pain in my face is an understatement! My favourite body oil at the moment is also the Roger & Gallet Orange Bobois one. I use it as a 'treat' though because it's just a little too much for my skin if I use it too much. For daily body moisturising I use a coconut oil and or a La Roche Posay body cream. Can't remember the name now but it's one for very dry skin and I find it brilliant. After reading your post I'm very interested in trying the Vichy Normaderm 3in1 product. Sounds great. I have a bia beauty lip balm I got at the Christmas Beauty blogger meet up - keep meaning to give it a go. This is my first blogger comment - very excited haha! Beautiful skin Katie. M xx

Unknown said...

Doh! I didn't think my comment worked the first time so I wrote it again. Sorry about that!

Audrey- The Nail Affair said...

After envying your flawless skin it's good to know how you get it:P Definitely be taking some of these tips on board.

Makeup Over Mind said...

Great post! My skin has been so dry lately, but I am so so naughty with my water intake...one of my resolutions to up my intake! I tend to just forget! :/

Unknown said...

Wonderful and very helpful post!! I have been making the habit of drinking as much water as possible as I have very dry skin, and I use moisurizer daily!! Now I need to find a good cleanser that wont dry me out!

fashionqueen294.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful skin! And great brows. I love Elizabeth Arden daily moisturiser. It's quite rich but makes my skin feel amazing.

Anonymous said...

Fab post, love Dr Hauschka products. I've been meaning to try Bia Beauty for a while now.