Friday, March 23, 2012

Back to Black (and white)

To hell with being natural!!!
The next time you hear a friend who once had dyed black hair say they want to 'grow in' their natural shade, like I did, remind them of the AGONY of the growing in period. 
IT. TAKES. YEARS!!!!
I should have been using a semi perm black on my roots, but I wanted to go 100% chemical free.
Oh how wrong I was.

 My brownish, reddish, blondish natural roots (which at this stage were beyond my ear) were driving me mad. Its like my natural hair didn't know WHAT shade it wanted to be anymore.
The last time I had tinted my hair, my best friend was pregnant...her baby turns one next month.

Today I grabbed the bull by the horns and decided to GET MY HAIR DONE.
I actually paid someone to do my hair, this NEVER happens.
I usually tint, cut, destroy my hair all by myself. But today, I was desperate for a quick fix.

I went to the edge salon in Dundalk and asked for a semi permanent black and my white flash re-bleached.
And here are the results, I am SO HAPPY to have my hair sleek and black again, I love it.
The edge is a great salon, I was desperately in need of some hair T.L.C


What do you think?!
XO
KH

5 comments:

Girlwiththeskew-earring said...

Said it before, saying it again: You look Gorgeous! Love the Bleached strip and the way you have styled it. I really must get you to show me how you do that...

Anonymous said...

It looks really good! I'm currently growing my natural colour back because my hairdresser is on maternity leave and I don't trust anyone else with my hair!! My roots are ridiculous! X

Unknown said...

Thanks Cindy, its pretty easy to do, I will show you next time I see you.

Thanks so much, I never get my hair done professionally-
Very happy with the results!
I feel your pain regarding the roots. Thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said...

I simply love your style. Your blogs are always such fun and inspirational too! Like many others I usually read but don't comment but just HAD to say that the new hairstyle really suits you and that it's always great to see you looking so beautiful and glamorous!

doradadama said...

You look bellisima in any haircolor, ,but I do love this sexy mysterious streak.
You must show us amor.
I been thinking of adding a white streak to my hair ,but would hate to go to the hairdresser's.
besos