Wednesday, June 22, 2011

You don’t like it? Change it!

For the last week or so, my beauty set up has really been annoying me.
I am not a huge fan of my plastic fantastic dust collecting tower drawers I use to house my Make-up.
I have tried to make the most of them, honestly I have.
I’ve moved them, I’ve disassembled and reassembled them, and I’ve secreted them out of eye shot...
No matter WHAT I do, they STILL just looked cheap and nasty
(which is fair enough as they WERE cheap and the plastic IS nasty.)

I felt my room deserved better
I decided to make good use of a chest of empty drawers I had been planning to bin.
 I cleaned out all my make-up, dusted the drawers out and got re arranging!.

I decided to take a few pictures of my lipsticks; I am pernickety about my lipstick shades.
I have decided upon seeing these pictures, I am in NEED OF POWDER AND CANDY PINKS :)

(If you notice in my lipstick section my VERY FIRST MAC PURCHASE EVER, Lipstick ‘FLUID’ which no doubt has been discontinued..I was about knee high to a grasshopper when I got it, Do you guys even remember when MAC used to come in silver tubes? Sigh)


Anyway, This is my new and improved make up and accessories area.
I think I am FINALLY happy...
Binning those plastic drawers was a very happy moment for me.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!
:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very entertaining blog!
Loving the new improved make-up storage, liked the end photo showing the bagged up plastic unfantastic tower.

Sarah said...

Your set up is so pretty! Viva Adonis directed me here yesterday, really enjoying reading through your posts! :)

x

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Sarah :)
I’m really glad you’re enjoying the posts!
Finally they are getting read after months of nothingness :)
X
Katie

cornflakegirl said...

I love your new storage.

Just found your blog after an @beautie tweet, looking forward to reading more.

LauraMck said...

I love ur storage...I really need to get something for my makeup xxxx

Unknown said...

Thanks Laura! I hope you find something for it, I know how hard it can be!
x
Katie