Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Clarins Splendours Body Oil & Pixy Glowing Body Butter Review


As you can tell by my previous post, I have a bit of a fake tan at the moment...
... thought I would point that out,  JUST IN CASE YOU COULDN'T TELL! Haha.
With my lovely tan and the sun in the sky, I am getting excited about the summer, what says 'Summer Time' more than sun kissed legs?

I have fallen head over heels for Clarins Splendours Shimmer Body Oil AND Pixy Glowing Body Butter.
It is exceptionally uncommon for me to fall in love with two similar products, but...
I have!
Both smell fantastic and both give brilliant results.

Lets start with the price friendly and incredibly scented Glowing Body Butter by Pixy.

It is a rich buttery texture on your skin and blends in to leave your skin dazzling and well nourished.
In my opinion this is on of the best glowing body butters I have ever tried. I cant speak highly enough of this product.
The tiniest amount suffices which means you are sure to get bang for your buck!
12.99 to be precise!
Clarins Splendours body oil is by no means cheap, it is 37 Euro, but it is a product that will last you a long time.
Application is a little messy but OH so worth it.
The smell, in a word, delicious -anything with Ylang Ylang has me at hello- there’s also hints of mandarin, grapefruit and Tonka bean.
The hazelnut oil softens your skin and leaves it silky smooth.
looks a little glittery but it blends in nicely to leave you with a subtle shimmer.
In the shot below you can see how similar the results are on my legs side by side.
On the Right Pixy on the left Clarins.


Both products have similar results and I love them both for individual reasons:
Clarins for the extra bit of sparkle and Pixy for the smell and texture.

Pixy is available to buy online at Pixy.ie and select pharmacies
Clarins available from Brown Thomas and online
*Products were sent to me to trial by the respective companies

10 comments:

makeup monster said...

I love that Pixy body butter:)

Unknown said...

Tan suits you so well, the products look wonderful on your skin. Was tempted by the Clarins oil, but still have some of The Body Shop one left.

Unknown said...

It is divine :)

Unknown said...

Oh thank you!
The Clarins is a real treat, very luxurious

NailsByNumbers said...

Love the make up and dress!

Unknown said...

Thank you, doll x

S said...

They both look like gorgeous products, I think you could make any product look glamorous! x

Unknown said...

You are so lovely, thank you x

Unknown said...

WOW, you can really tell the difference after the application. They sound like great products :)

Lol love the fake tan too, it suits you.

Salli
xxx

www.embracingtheenchanted.blogspot.com

All the little things - Irish Beauty Blog said...

Very nice product, I love the shimmer effect! I am a new follower, please check out my blog if you get a chance! xxx