Sunday, August 12, 2012

Dita Von Teese ARTDECO make up look


I have been suffering from a rather unglamorous bout of flu for the last week.
On Friday my entire week of suffering was temporarily absolved when a wonderful package filled with Dita Von Teese for ARTDECO goods arrived for me to try out.
I opened the bundle up to find a stunning glossy red lipstick, two beautiful lip liners, compact powder and a pair of thick lashes-all of which were packaged beautifully..
But what else would you expect from Dita Von Teese?

With all this pretty make up sitting in my lap I decided I wanted to blog today and create a Dita inspired make up look that oozes glamour yet is simple and quick to create.
I wanted to steer clear of the black lined eye.
A Dita quote I once read popped in to my head reminding me that when she simply does not have time her make-up routine consists of a dab of powder, a slick of lipstick, a pair of sunglasses and she is good to go. A ritual I follow frequently myself.
For this look I decided to follow Dita’s simple steps...but with a slight twist. LASHES!.


To start the look off I lightly moisturised my skin to give the powder something to hold on to.
I used ARTDECO Dita Von Teese compact powder in the shade 1-Face Fatale RRP 31.25 Euro
It is is a transparent mattafieng powder with light reflecting pigments, it is so silky and smooth.
I have fallen in love with this product-
I can only imagine how flawless this powder would make skin look if worn with foundation underneath, not to mention how cute the casing is.
 I lightly dabbed the powder puff all over my face to create a matte base.
It worked a treat.
I moved on to my lips and used ARTDECO Dita Von Teese lip liner 06 Vermillion RRP 11.05 Euro
I love this lip liner, I have used it nonstop since receiving it.
It is a soft  liner that glides beautifully and does not drag on your lips, so easy to use and adds definition to your lips.
I then applied ARTDECO lipstick 208 all over my lips.
I usually go for matte lipsticks but this beautiful shiny bright red lipstick really made my lips pop against my matte face.
 I then used a pink blusher to give my cheeks subtle colour and dabbed a spot of eyeliner on my cheek to recreate Ditas iconic beauty mark.
I filled in my eyebrows using an angle brush and a black eye shadow, Dita has beautiful brows and to recreate her look defined eyebrows are a must.
The final step- eyelashes!
I used ARTDECO Dita Von Teese lashes 37 RRP 16.70 Euro
Beautiful rich thick lashes.
 I applied a little bit of eyelash adhesive to the lashes, I let the glue dry for a minute or two
 I then carefully placed the lashes on top of my own.
 Once positioned I lightly pressed the lashes down and let them dry.
And that is that, so simple yet an eye catching Dita inspired look
Feminine, Sexy and Glamorous
I can not wait to try the eyeshadows and the nail varnishes-
If they are as great as these bits and pieces I have very high hopes!

I hope you like this look and have fun creating some Dita looks of your own
x
KH
Post a Comment