Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Agent Provocateur Voluptuous Creme Lipstick

If you have read my blog before, you will know I am hopelessly in love with all things Agent Provocateur.
From a rather young age, any spare cent I had would go towards saving for things that I could tick off my ‘Glamour’ list:
 MAC Ruby Woo lipstick, MAC Cork and Shroom eye shadows, Hold ups from Agent Provocateur (always wanting more) and ridiculously high heels.


I can not tell you the absolute delight I felt the first day I walked into Brown Thomas’ long gone Agent Provocateur boutique and bought my very AP bra...
I mean it took me five years to purchase the matching briefs but that is not the point! 
To this day I still look at that set of lingerie and it brings me so much joy. 
I am giving you this little AP back story because if it isn't obvious by now, for as long as I can recall, I have been absolutely in love with all things Glamorous. 
Its what makes me, me.

When I heard AP were bringing out a line of lipsticks, I just knew I had to try. 
I was a little hesitant as I didn't want one of my favourite brands to disappoint me. I am a lipstick snob.
These lipsticks are not cheap, they will set you back €40 a pop.
But for that €40 you get the most divine, Swarovski crystal encrusted mirrored metal AP engraved bullet. A truly beautiful product.

However, looking pretty doesn't really mean much if the lipsticks do not wear well. 

I would not post this review if I didn't think like minded readers would get value for their money so despite my AP love, If I wasn't impressed, I wouldn't be recommending these lipsticks to anyone.


I bought Voluptuous Creme Lipstick Fiery which is just the most gorgeous orange red
And the beautiful Voluptuous Creme Lipstick Showstopper,
an absolutely gorgeous popping pink, it lives up to its name, its just lovely.
Since purchasing I have been wearing them regularly and testing out how pigmented they really are? do they bleed? do they flake and dry my lips out? 

I am so happy to report back that these lipsticks do not disappoint.
I have not experienced any bleeding whatsoever (which tends to happen at some stage if I am wearing a shiny lipstick.)


AP describe these lipsticks as being ‘Demi-shine’ and that they are. 
They are very highly pigmented also, which I love.
I noticed my lips looking lustrous and very well hydrated.
I personally prefer matte lips but the amount of compliments I have received, uncountable. 

The lipsticks are formulated using luxurious cupuacu butter and it does a fantastic job keeping lips hydrated and plump.
So what do you think? 
I personally really like the colours and I get a real kick out of applying my lipstick with the extremely handy luxurious mirrored bullet. 
I am a sucker for a good gimmick! 


These lipsticks are currently available to buy online

OR

If you are lucky enough to have a boutique nearby, pop in and try for yourself. 

(OH AGENT PROVOCATEUR, PLEASE COME BACK TO IRELAND, I WILL WORK FOR FREE!)

No comments: