Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dita Von Teese ARTDECO Fall Favourites


My style icon is the immaculate and flawless Dita Von Teese.
When I first heard she was bring out a make up line with ARTDECO I was overjoyed
I reviewed her classics range and now I am sampling some of her “fall favourites”
As previously stated I am IN LOVE with this line, its sleek, long lasting, pretty and not to mention value for money.
Yesterday ARTDECO sent me out some pieces from Dita’s Fall favourites to try out.
 I am so happy they did because I am simply loving the range so much.

 To start my look off I used Dita’s Mini ceramic nail lacquer in paper moon RRP6.45 euro and ceramic nail lacquer in Vanitas RRP 11.05 euro.
Of course it goes without saying I just had to create a half moon manicure.
In the 1930’s and 40’s leaving the half moon natural was the most elegant style, it is detail that Dita has been wearing for years and I myself have favoured due to her influence.

To create the half moon mani I applied two coats of paper moon to my fingers and let it dry.
You can use French manicure templates to keep your half moon white but I favour making my own stencil out of masking tape
(you can even mundane stationary items such as paper hole reinforcement things!)
I then applied one flawless coat of Vanitas and let it dry to perfection before removing my half moon protectors. It is THAT simple, a touch of elegance and glamour in minutes.
The nail lacquers are fantastic the colour is brilliant and the brush gives a flawless shiny finish, I am very impressed.

 The look I took inspiration for today’s pictures can be found in Dita’s fabulous, informative and fun book , Burlesque and the Art of the Teese / Fetish and the Art of the Teese, published in 2006 by HarperCollins
I powdered my face using Dita’s Compact powder from her classics line.
I have yet to try the eye shadows (a how to blog post is coming very soon) so I lined my eyes as normal then applied Dita’s Ultra Volume Mascara RRP 16.70 euro.
I usually never give much credence to mascaras that claim to volumes’ lashes, I don’t know if it’s the brush of the formula but my lashes ADORE this product.
They even looked as if I had curled them and very, very voluptuous!
To add extra vavavoom to the look, I then applied Dita’s false eyelashes #37 rrp 16.45 euro.
I lined my lips with my all time favourite red lip liner EVER, 06 Vermillion and then applied the beautiful velvet matte lipstick shade erotique RRP 19.25
I finished the Dita look off with a beautiful beauty mark.
I cannot wait to show you how to create the jewel toned make up look Dita has created for her fall favourites; it is a real show stopper.

More Dita Von Teese blog post's:

To read more about Dita Von Teese ARTDECO classics, click here


x
KH

Post a Comment