Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dita Von Teese ARTDECO Fall Favourites


My style icon is the immaculate and flawless Dita Von Teese.
When I first heard she was bring out a make up line with ARTDECO I was overjoyed
I reviewed her classics range and now I am sampling some of her “fall favourites”
As previously stated I am IN LOVE with this line, its sleek, long lasting, pretty and not to mention value for money.
Yesterday ARTDECO sent me out some pieces from Dita’s Fall favourites to try out.
 I am so happy they did because I am simply loving the range so much.

 To start my look off I used Dita’s Mini ceramic nail lacquer in paper moon RRP6.45 euro and ceramic nail lacquer in Vanitas RRP 11.05 euro.
Of course it goes without saying I just had to create a half moon manicure.
In the 1930’s and 40’s leaving the half moon natural was the most elegant style, it is detail that Dita has been wearing for years and I myself have favoured due to her influence.

To create the half moon mani I applied two coats of paper moon to my fingers and let it dry.
You can use French manicure templates to keep your half moon white but I favour making my own stencil out of masking tape
(you can even mundane stationary items such as paper hole reinforcement things!)
I then applied one flawless coat of Vanitas and let it dry to perfection before removing my half moon protectors. It is THAT simple, a touch of elegance and glamour in minutes.
The nail lacquers are fantastic the colour is brilliant and the brush gives a flawless shiny finish, I am very impressed.

 The look I took inspiration for today’s pictures can be found in Dita’s fabulous, informative and fun book , Burlesque and the Art of the Teese / Fetish and the Art of the Teese, published in 2006 by HarperCollins
I powdered my face using Dita’s Compact powder from her classics line.
I have yet to try the eye shadows (a how to blog post is coming very soon) so I lined my eyes as normal then applied Dita’s Ultra Volume Mascara RRP 16.70 euro.
I usually never give much credence to mascaras that claim to volumes’ lashes, I don’t know if it’s the brush of the formula but my lashes ADORE this product.
They even looked as if I had curled them and very, very voluptuous!
To add extra vavavoom to the look, I then applied Dita’s false eyelashes #37 rrp 16.45 euro.
I lined my lips with my all time favourite red lip liner EVER, 06 Vermillion and then applied the beautiful velvet matte lipstick shade erotique RRP 19.25
I finished the Dita look off with a beautiful beauty mark.
I cannot wait to show you how to create the jewel toned make up look Dita has created for her fall favourites; it is a real show stopper.

More Dita Von Teese blog post's:

To read more about Dita Von Teese ARTDECO classics, click here


x
KH

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning photos Katie, I love the red polish x

Unknown said...

Thanks hun, Yes the red nail laquer is amazing. I genuinely love the range. Must invest in some more ARTDECO products!

Gosia Rybakowska said...

I love the nail polish you used there... both colours and this amazing way you styled them!

Anonymous said...

Wow very daring photos!

Stacy said...

Beautiful..

Miss Stacy Blaise

Unknown said...

Imperfect girl, thank you! you should give it a try, its not as difficult to so as people sometimes think.
I love half moon manis, so classic and stylish.

makeupmonster I am not a fan of press release photos on my blog.
I try make things as fun as possible from taking the pictures to writing, sorry if I shocked you haha

Thank you Stacy, you are very kind!

Unknown said...

Katie this is all absolutely stunning!

Drea In Real Life said...

The Irish Dita. Fan pics hun ;)

Dee said...

Unreal! I want your nails and face! x

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for all the positive comments girls
I always have so much fun with ARTDECO products it’s a range that works for me, they actually cater for pale people. I am over the moon...speaking of moon I really love the half moon mani on long nails, femme fatal indeed!
I am such a cheesy girl ahaha

Nurse Fancy Pants said...

This is such a glamorous look, you look stunning!x

Yorkshire Pud Witch said...

One word......STUNNING!!

Em
X
Yorkshirepud123.blogspot.co.uk

ArtDonatella said...

Oh wow! You look gorgeous and your nails are simply divine! xx