Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pin-Up Hair styles: Victory Roll

Pin-Up Hair style: Victory Roll
I really need a recording device to show people how to do it, It was harder to do this via photographs than I originally barged for!

You will need:
A Hair Rat
OR
A hair doughnut
scissors
Bobby Pins
A smoothing brush
A parting comb.



Don’t worry, you don’t have to stuff your stocking with your own hair to make this
What I have done is cut my bun doughnut ring in order to make one.
Most good beauty stores will have them in all shades and length.
I wanted mine long in order to be able to create a few styles with it.
The first style is in a U and taken from under the hair
The second is used by rolling over the hair
The third is rolled from the side.


First step
Section off your hair
Leaving the front down and the back clipped up out of the way



Then take your hair rat and roll from the bottom, covering ALL of the rat with your hair
(worry about the sides when styling and securing with bobby pins)


 Once you roll it up fully take your bobby pins and secure.
I bent mine in to a U shape to create a "widows peak" type victory roll.
Cover the sided of the hair rat with your hair and pin securely.
Excuse my fly away hairs, I didn't notice prior to taking the picture!



For this look I rolled the hair rat from ABOVE the hair.
I took all the same steps but kept it straight across and did not bend it.



I made the roll my main feature and took the rest of my hair up in a messy swirly bun


And Finally the side Victory Roll
Doing everything the exact same
Once you get the hand of it, you can make them neater and more  complex.
You can use hair sprat( I'm all out) and as many bobby pins as you need (I had TWO!)


And were done!
Hope you have fun rolling!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your hair its nice. Can you do a tutorial on how to do the swirls on the front of your hair like they did in the 194os? They can be like victory rolls too?

Unknown said...

I’m actually going on holidays for 10 days tomorrow. But I will definitely draft up a blog when I am over and take pictures for you when I get home. They are SUPER tricky to do. So Be warned, Hairspray is great for hold but over doing it will make it look like you have bread on your head!

helheartsmakeup said...

I'm NEVER able to get these right...can you show me in the pub if I bring everything?

Unknown said...

Helen, It's a date!!!

Weezy said...

Hmmm I've been wanting to try this for quite a while, thanks for posting it! Lovely to see another Dundalk girl :P

Unknown said...

A fellow Dundalk girl, Hey! Thanks very much! x

Anonymous said...

you like hairjobs,,??